RFID Tags for Bin Monitoring
These passive contactless transponders empower cost-effective waste management, enabling pay-as-you-throw and recycling incentive programs, while eliminating error-prone and expensive manual data collection.
The devices communicate with readers via radio frequency identification (RFID) technology. Each durable transponder offers superior resistance to water, salt mist, mineral oil and petroleum, as well as high tolerance to shock and temperature variations.
Each tag installs easily into standard nests, manufactured into most waste bins, including metal bins and DIN 30745 plastic bins. The unique four-cavity spanner screw drive helps prevent fraudulent removal of tags in the field.
Depending on reader configuration or standards requirements, organizations employing DIN 30745 form factor transponders can choose LF, HF or UHF tags. Each low-frequency transponder is equipped with 64-bit or 128-bit read-only memory; it may be pre-programmed with a unique number, or supplied in a programmable format according to BDE standards.
For read-write capability, the high-frequency version includes 1024-bit EEPROM, and the UHF version provides a 512-bit user memory plus 96-bit EPC.
RFID Tag Features
Standard sizing for easy installation or retrofit
Custom spanner screw drive to deter fraudulent removal
A choice of frequencies and memory capacities address common global installations and protocols
Reliable, consistent performance
No line-of-sight required, supports all major RFID frequencies and standards
RECYCLING & WASTE MANAGEMENT
- Route optimization systems
- Recycling compliance monitoring
- Improved invoicing & service accuracy
- Residential, commercial & industrial bin tracking
- Institution of incentive-based waste & recycling programs
- DIN 30745 tag dimensions fit most plastic bins
- Available configurations for optimized performance on metal bins
- Highly resistant to physical impact, chemical exposure and temperature variation
- Low-, high- & ultrahigh-frequency (LF, HF, UHF)
- Available in Unique, HDX, FDX-b, HF or EPC Global Class1 Gen2 compliant formats to suit all common waste management implementations
- Warranty: 7 years